- Antibody and FcgRs in autoimmune disease
- FcgR and antibody effector function
- Antibody and FcgRs in immune cell trafficking
- Interactions between FcgR and innate signalling pathways
Translational and clinical research:
- B cells and antibody in renal transplant rejection
- Understanding tissue-specific immunity in the human kidney and its role in antibody-mediated autoimmunity and in sterile inflammation.
- Immune imaging in sterile inflammation/AKI
Clatworthy MR*, Harford S, Matthews RJ, Smith KGC. FcgRIIb inhibits immune complex-induced VEGF-A production and intranodal lymphangiogenesis. Proc Nat Acad Sci USA. 2014; 111(50):17971-6.
Clatworthy MR*, Petri Aronin C, Matthews RJ, Morgan NY, Smith KGC, Germain RN*. Immune complexes stimulate CCR7-dependent dendritic cell migration to lymph nodes. Nature Medicine. 2014; ;20(12):1458-63 *Corresponding author
Clatworthy MR*, Matthews RJ, Willcocks LC, Dohler B, Opelz G, Smith KGC. A de-functioning polymorphism in the IgG inhibitory receptor FcgRIIB does not impact on kidney transplant or recipient survival. Transplantation. 2014;98(3):285-91. *Corresponding author
Clatworthy MR. B cell regulation and its application to transplantation. Transpl Int. 2014;27(2):117-28